Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Magazines

Travelling is also a time when you read alot of magazines. Lately I have perused Yankee (great places to eat when you are here), National Geographic, Saturday Evening Post, Readers Digest, Real Simple (a favourite for alot of techniques, ideas and also a book column), Northern Gardener, Fine Gardening (and others as I am always looking for new ideas), American Scholar (which always has a series of essays that make me sit back and think, while providing me with a sound, factual basis) and last but not least, Cooks (which is a NE publication, but upon seeing August's edition, I just had to look through it).
For those of you in Rochester, you will know that the Friends' Bookstore has a great deal on magazines - the latest issues are 50 cents!! New ones come in every day too. I have found it a great source to pick up ones that I no longer carry subscriptions for, or ones I have always wanted to look through. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment