Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Shopping at Amazon.com can help support the library!

Republished from the Rochester Public Library's blog.

The holiday season is coming up faster than any of us would like to admit. I don’t know about anyone else, but I don’t like the overwhelming crowds when I shop for my family and friends. Online shopping, I found, is a great way to avoid the claustrophobic, I’m-gonna-scream-if-one-more-person-bumps-into-me feeling.
If you’ve ever used Amazon, you know that, just like a library, they offer more than just books. Much more! They have everything from diapers to snow blowers, music, movies, toys, games, electronics, tools, clothes, snacks, pet food, and even flame throwers! I’m serious! They have home decor, musical instruments, lawn mowers, shoes, magazine subscriptions, seat covers for your cars, I could go on and on for a good long time.
The best part of shopping at Amazon is that I help support the library at the same time. The Friends of the Library have a portal to Amazon that you can use to turn your purchase into a donation. How awesome is that? All you have to do is use the portal when you shop and anything you buy, and I mean anything, a percent of the purchase price goes back to the Friends with no extra charge for you!

Happy Holidays and happy shopping

Remember, you can always click onto the library's blog from this site in the right-hand column near the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment