Monday, January 2, 2012

Best Books of 2011

10 best books my  2011 list:
These are the books that I remember without refering to a list - that lept into my hands and were the 'you must read this' to all my friends. There were of course dozens more, and another post will have my shortened reading list (50+ titles). As always, I will post the full list as well.

Non Fiction 
Elizabeth Tora Bailey. The Sound of the Wild Snails Eating;
Andrew Greig. The Loch of the Green Corrie; 
David McCullough. The Greater Journey: Americans in Paris
Fiction-Mysteries
Susan Hill. The Betrayal of Trust;
PD James. Death comes to Pemberley;
Tawni O'Dell. Fragile Beasts
Literature
Lauren Belfer. A Fierce Radiance;
James Robertson. And the Land Lay Still
Biography
Tony Horwitz. Midnight Rising: John Brown 
Childrens
Brian Selznick. Wonderstruck (another movie I highly recommend is his first book Hugo)
Science Fiction
George R.R. Martin. Song of Ice and Fire Series (normally I would say skip the movie, read the book, but the HBO series was also excellent!)

No comments:

Post a Comment